6.18.2010

Last Minute


Yesterday we took a last minute trip to the beach - a 6 hour round trip drive for 2 hours on the beach. 
One of my favorite parts about our trips to the beach are the long car rides for us to talk. 
Paul talks best when he drives.


I generally like to spend longer at the beach than 2 hours, but it was the best we could do - and I appreciated Paul's adventurous spirit. 
It was the exact crazy and fun and bonding experience we needed after some busy times with work and remodeling. 



We didn't tell the boys where we were going until we were nearly there. 
They were delighted with the surprise and have talked about it all day today.

And are both begging to go back.
I am too.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of not telling them you were going until the last minute! What a great surprise! You are the best mommy in the world!
Dawna

Keetha Broyles said...

These are awesome pictures. I doubt if I get to the beach (it's WAY farther than 6 hours from IN) this summer, so I'm going vicariously through folks like you!

Claire said...

What a beautiful spur of the moment thing to do! Lovely pictures!

Cxx

Fire Hunt said...

That looks like fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails